Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Happy Witch

Image Source here



Once on a spooky, scary night
A happy witch saw from some height
A sad girl sitting doing nothing but think
The witch said
Easy Breezy Magic Drink,
Tickle the little girl 
Pink Pink Pink!!!
The girl got up at once and smiled
And the witch went wild, the witch went wild....

The witch then saw a little boy 
Who was bitter and had no joy
Sadly sat next to his toy
The witch said
Easy Breezy Magic Bread
Paint the town Red 
Red Red Red!!!
The boy jumped up and smiled
And the witch went wild, the witch went wild...

The witch then heard a baby cry
A tear fell from the witch’s eye
Her heart cried Oh my Oh my my!
The witch said
Easy Breezy Magic Hair
Make the baby grin from ear to ear!!!
The baby’s cheeks dimpled and she smiled

And the witch went wild, the witch went wild.......





You might also like






[Visit http://www.top10reviews.in/ for interesting articles.]

2 comments:

  1. Sunaina,
    I don't know a lot about poetry but I do know what I like. I loved this poem about the sensitive witch. Because the witch only wanted to make the children happy, you could compare her to a caring mother! Have you thought about entering poetry contests?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deb...I did enter this poem in one of the contest held by The Children's Writer...I did not win but that's okay as I have just started...If I can bring smiles on the faces of those who read, I will be more than happy.....In this poem I wanted to use a character that has usually been portrayed as negative.....I got the idea while reading about the character of Baba Yaga in Russian folk tales.....

      Delete